Better or Worse? | Teen Ink

Better or Worse?

April 22, 2010
By Anonymous

My life. A whirl pool of confusion. It's though to deal with, even tougher to live. I use to be so happy. A smile always lived on my face. Now that smile has faded because I grew older and learned what I had to face. It's hard to stay so positive, when everythings so wrong. It's hard to look up to everyone,when your always looking down. They tell me to keep my head held high. Look up to the sky. But when I try to look up. Something happens that makes me look right back down. It'll never be held up completly. Not unless I finally get to see, if my life will ever turn out, how i want it to be. I need some confidence, all mine ran away. I have nothing in me, it all flew away. Tell me how, to bring it back. 'Cause I can't see through that dark cloud of doubt. Help with the sorrow. That has filled my life. 'Cause I have nothing but missery and shame. This life is hard. But I will never give it up. No matter if I try, I will never fully understand why, I have such a hard life. But it's up to me to make it better, up to me to try to make it safe. So far I'm failing at it. But thats a shame. Will this life ever change? Or am i stuck with it forever? Tell me now so I can make my decision cleaver. Is it for Worse or for Better?


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem hoping to catch thee eye of the readers. Because i think everyone has at leastt a kinda tough life. Or has at some point been put downn in such a way that they don't think they can bring there head back up. Or something happens that ruins the confidence...This poem will also hopfully show people that love to put others down that this is what that person is feeling like. There thinking life isn't worth it. Hopefully this speaks to you all. Thanks