Florida | Teen Ink

Florida

By Omari BRONZE, Westminster, California
Omari BRONZE, Westminster, California

Every year my mom, sister and I go over on our annual trip to Florida to visit my grandpa. My aunt also comes over to stay with us. We leave during spring break and stay for 8-9 days. We usually stay for as long as possible though.

When we get to my grandpas house we do lots of fun activates, we go to the park, and we go fishing in the lake in his backyard, go to the beach and much more. My personal favorite is going swimming in his pool.

The food that my nana cooks for us is delicious. She makes us breakfast, lunch, and dinner and all of the meals are big enough to fill us all up. In my opinion she is none of the best cooks of all time. I wish I could have her cooking all of the time.
Going out is one of my favorites of being in Florida. There are a lot of fun places to go to. They have really good food, for example pizza. It is very cheese and delicious. There is an arcade in the community where he lives and there are plenty of games to play. It is very hard to have nothing to do there.

The sad part is leaving. The hardest part is saying goodbye to my whole family. On the last day we pack up and head for the airport. I never can wait for the next time we go to Florida once again to see my family!