Time to Party! | Teen Ink

Time to Party!

By MeliLu BRONZE, Glendale Heights, Illinois
MeliLu BRONZE, Glendale Heights, Illinois

Just imagine a huge party on a Friday night, in a cool teen club with all of your friends. Well I had it even better; this party was in another country.
The night was young and I had just arrived at my friend Natalia’s house to get ready for Mega Blend the party that everyone was going to. My other friends Vanita, Franchesca, and Alejandra were already in their dresses ready to do their hair and makeup. I had to hurry because the party was going to start soon. I went into the bathroom and put on my zebra striped party dress and went to show my friends how I looked. They all loved the dress and we were all ready to put on makeup. Vanita was going to be the one putting on my eye shadow and mascara and I was really excited; but that was before we actually started. Vanita thought I should wear pink eye shadow and well… I sort of went along with it because I thought it would actually look good… but instead she made it look horrible. It looked like someone through a pink paint ball at my eyes! I was so worried that I didn’t even want to go anymore but I was already there and my friends weren’t going to let me leave. So then Franchesca helped me remove the pink eye shadow and replace it with gold. When she was finished I looked great and everyone thought so too. Next was the hair. My hair is really curly and I did not want to wear it curly to the party so Vanita was going to straighten it with one of Natalia’s flat irons. However, Natalia was going to be straitening her hair also and she had two flat irons but only one of them worked really well, and I was not going to let Natalia take her sweet time fixing her hair when I still needed to do mine! Vanita was on my side. She made Natalia give her the good iron to straightening my hair. She was mad about it but it didn’t matter.
We were all finally ready for Natalia’s dad to drive us to Mega Blend and we were very excited! The club was just fifteen minutes from Natalia’s house and we were so ready to get the party started. Her dad dropped us off at the entrance and we gave the ladies in the lobby our ten dollars for the entrance fee. The guards opened the doors and there were flashing lights, a DJ playing all our favorite songs, and all our other friends were on the dance floor waving at us to come and join the fun.
After a few songs, we all went to a nearby table and got some water. We were all complimenting each other on how great we looked and having a blast. We talked about school, boys, if we had any plans for the weekend and the saddest thing of all-when I was going to be leaving. ? However I changed the subject and we all went to dance to “Fire Burning”. Vanita was dancing with guys, which was so typical of her, Natalia would go to the bathroom every two minutes to go see how she looked, and the rest of us were just acting like crazy on the dance floor.
When Franchesca informed us of the time, we all said our good bye’s and left the party. My grandma was outside in her car waiting to see how the party went. I thanked my friends. We got into our cars, waved good bye one last time, and went home. That party was so fun and I will never forget my first true party in Puerto Rico, with all of my good friends.

Melilu said...
Thank youuuu (:

Melilu said...
Thank you Erin!!!! (:

Erin said...
on May. 14 2010 at 9:48 am
Love the article, Meliztza!!!! You are a future journalist in the making, keep it up!!

fafo said...
I'm Melitza's dad, I'm very impress with this article, she did a great job and I'm so proud of her.