Shooting Stars. | Teen Ink

Shooting Stars.

By carladcg BRONZE, Montreal, Other
carladcg BRONZE, Montreal, Other

Waking up one morning to realize that the things you wished for had a different outcome than expected leaves you feeling like you've been sucker punched, but what can you do about it? Absolutely nothing. Sending a wish out into the universe is a tricky business; you're taking a gamble on something that perhaps was never meant to happen in the first place. The purity of a wish can be tainted by its outcome, changing a wish into a curse. You feel responsible for whatever happens because after all, you willed it to life. Guilt is a very powerful feeling and we cannot prance around it pretending it doesn't exist. Still, do wishes that become curses overpower those that become blessings? If we walk around frightened of the outcome we lose the opportunity to be involved in something great. People always say missing out on opportunities turn out to be their biggest regret, and yet no matter how many times we hear these things there is always "the one that got away." I believe in wishes; I believe that some things need to be left to fate. We've all heard someone say "don't sit around and wait for things to happen, make them happen." I don't find myself to be an impartial judge and cannot come up with a sensible conclusion; I am biased to both sides. The unadulterated magic behind wishes keeps me coming back for more, and sometimes I get tired of waiting. In any case I know that tonight I'm going to keep wishing for the same thing. I'm letting fate handle this one.