The Hotel | Teen Ink

The Hotel

April 20, 2010
By 4FEHT BRONZE, La Puente, California
4FEHT BRONZE, La Puente, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The only true nightmare is facing reality.


Friday night. School was over, and we had a three day weekend. I was reading a book when I had the inspiration to continue writing one of my fan fictions. I think I went to sleep at around one in the morning.


The clock said seven when I opened my eyes. My mom was banging on the door. I had an hour to get ready because we going out. When I was eating breakfast, I asked my mom where we were going.

“To the hotel of course. You said that you wanted to help me out today. Remember?”

Somewhere in my mind, I agreed with her. However, a big part of me just asked how it is possible that my own mother was the owner and manager of a hotel. Wait, where did I get owner from? Why not maid or waitress?

So we got in the car and we started driving towards the hotel that I’ve never seen or heard of before. Coincidentally, it was the same route from my house to the hospital. Except, when we were just about to enter the main street, there were cameras and trailers scattered around. There was an entire movie set just beside us.

“Mom, look,” I gasped when I saw the view. When we were close enough so that I was able to see the celebrities who were going to star in the movie. I wanted to die. Arashi. But more importantly, Jun Matsumoto. The screaming fan girls were limited to the sidewalks and were stopped by security men.

“Do you see the ties they are wearing, mi’ja? They came from your Uncle’s factory.”

One, I have never heard of my uncles owning a tie factory. Two, if one of my uncles owned a tie factory, which one out of the many? Traffic was moving slowly, so that we were still able to see the guys sitting in their wooden high chairs.

When the car was now passing them, I lowered my window and shouted, “Keep the ties!” at them. Considering that I’m the girl that sniffs people to know their scent, with or without their consent, I didn’t think much of what I did. Instead, I wanted to beat myself up for what I said. Why couldn’t I think of something cooler? And to Jun!

While I was contemplating, my mother and I arrived at the hotel. It looked like it was made out of the red bricks and mortar. Inside, it had that aged look and antique smell that I knew it felt like home.

My mother left to the farthest room in the first floor since that’s where her office was. I didn’t panic even though I didn’t know what to do. I decided to go upstairs and try to see if any guests wanted special requests. When I reached the top stair, I heard the front doors open. I turned and saw them.

They seemed out of breath, most likely from the fan girls going after them. They fortunately were stopped by hired security.

“Welcome to the Hotel,” I greeted as I came down. “Would you like to book a room?”

“No thank you. We just need a breather is all.”

“By all means, make yourselves at home,” gesturing to the chairs and couches, which they gratefully took. “Just ring that bell on the wall if you need anything.”

“Wait.” It was Nino. I turned to look at him. “You look familiar. Have we met before?”

I was reeled back to that awful tie memory. I was about to deny it when Aiba spoke up. “Yeah. You’re the girl who told us to keep the ties.”

“Sorry about that. I don’t know what came over me?” I tried that weak excuse.

“So what’s your name?” It was Jun who asked. I couldn’t look at him or I knew I would turn into a bumbling idiot.

“Call me Alex .”

“Well, Alex, thank you for that compliment about the ties. The director loved them.”

I giggled. “Don’t mention it. Ever.”

“So, do you like any of our songs Alex?”

The conversation went basically in that direction. We talked about each of the songs and which were our personal favorites. We also talked about how HnA was an absolute wonder. I was having a great time, until I took a glimpse at the window. Outside, there was a mob of fan girls, glaring at me. Crap. They were going to kill me if they ever get inside.

As if on cue, the front door began to moan from the weight of a million fan girls. I hurried to the concierge desk and found the lost and found box. I started throwing the coats and hats to the guys. “Put them on if you want to survive.”

I was about to hurry to the second story when I felt something grab my hand. It was Jun. “What about you?”

“I’ll be fine. Just go back with them.” I turned to go back upstairs when I heard the doors break.

There they were. All of the fan girls of Arashi were in the lobby, keeping their eyes on me. I could feel their annoyance and jealousy like a white hot branding iron to skin. When I thought they were coming up and killing me, they instead broke into song. It was Wish.

When the song was over, there was one voice still singing. The lyrics were messed up- an intentional parody. I looked and saw that my friend Sylvia was making fun of the song. The girls apparently didn’t see through Arashi’s disguises and just headed toward Sylvia- on the 2nd floor, where I was heading.

“Morena,” I called. “Morena, leave now. They will kill you. Go!” And like that, she bolted across the corridor. I tried to keep the girls contained, but they over powered me and I was now tripping my way down to the floor.

“Are you alright?” asked Ohno. They were sprawled on the floor. Apparently, the fan girls just ran over them, ignorant that their idols were on the floor. I grabbed Sho’s hand and wanted to pull him up. Instead, I was dragging him. They got up on their own.

“It looks like we’re going to have to leave you. I’m sorry.”

Although I wanted to convince them to stay, I agreed. I was giving them a hug goodbye. When I got to Jun to give him a hug, he went the other way and ran down the hall.

“Jun!” I called, but he was too far gone. “What did I do wrong?”

The rest of the gang just laughed. “It’s that Jun wished that you’d give him a kiss instead of just a hug,” explained

“Seriously? He wants a kiss?” I looked down the hall and ran after him. I caught up to him in the storage closet. I pulled him closer so that I could have a better look at his face. “Is it true?” I asked. “You want me to kiss you?”

He just sighed and turned around, his right cheek facing me. I went closer to give him a kiss in the cheek. Until my real hand moved.



I woke up on my bed. I still had my eyes closed, but I had my ears open. It was completely quiet, except for my little brother watching television in his room. I rolled over on my bed, trying to catch the dream that I wanted to get to. I wasn’t able to so I checked my cell phone. It was seven A.M., Saturday.

My mom wasn’t an owner of a hotel. My uncle didn’t own a tie factory. Arashi will never visit this small hometown of mine. But I still have the dream to hold on to.


The author's comments:
This article is pretty self explanatory if you read it. I hope you enjoy it, and don't judge me harshly please.