Nothing At All | Teen Ink

Nothing At All

April 18, 2010
By writeaway BRONZE, Holland, Michigan
writeaway BRONZE, Holland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There he goes again. Yelling as if it fixes all problems. I stare at him blankly, and pretend like I'm listening. All I can think about is how sweet it will be when I can finally escape this home....At least what's left of it. I take a glance at the computer, to see if any of my happiness has responded to my message. Nothing. But he catches me looking as he lectures about nothing at all. Here comes louder shouting that I've heard before. I look at him. His lips move and ask, Am I listening? No.

"Yes!" I shout.

Like some say, I have my daddy's temper. But his Anger Management class proves that it does nothing to help the anger. My blood boils with it, and I want to yell back. But that will get me no where, because we'll shout back until our last breath. He goes back on to his twenty minute scream about how I need to change because I'm 15, and growing up. When I was little, he never had me do anything. I was never grounded even when he yelled at me that I was. Now he expects me to be an obedient child and do everything for him. He never taught me how to do anything around the house when I was younger though. And now that I have a life, why does he expect something? He yells every day, yet nothing changes. It always goes back to how it was before. I do my own thing, and don't listen. And he yells some more the next day. There's only so much I can take, and I think I might explode one day.


The author's comments:
I hate it when my dad gets like this...As if anything is going to change just because he says it should.