JJESARAL | Teen Ink

JJESARAL

By Sarah Marcantonio SILVER, Tenafly, New Jersey
Sarah Marcantonio SILVER, Tenafly, New Jersey

Best friends. It seems like such an insignificant word to describe our relationship. We’re more like sisters, partners in crime, freakishly close girls, besties, and lovies. We have a strange relationship. We’re closer than any other group of friends I know, but we’ve all been torn apart. There are so many reasons why we shouldn’t be friends, but we’ve never really care about that because we refuse to let each other go, and we refuse to break apart. Through all the stupid rumors, lies, boys and drama, we stay together, united, as one group. If one of the eight gets hurt, we pick her up. We get her back on her feet and don’t let the person who pushed her down ever touch her again. That’s just us. I know that no matter what I’m going to have my girls. The ones who pick me up, and help me fly. And the ones that I would be nowhere without. I can’t remember the last time I was upset and they weren’t there for me.  I can’t even begin to think of when I didn’t have them to hug, to love and to talk to. I honestly have no idea where I would be without them, but I know it would be no where near this amazing life I am living now. All we are is crazy, fun loving girls who couldn’t have made it through middle school without each other. They are my biggest fans, my personal cheerleaders and my constant support group. If I screw up, or someone does something wrong, we’re still going to love them, because our love is undeniable, unconditional, and it lasts forever. Together we cry, together we smile, together we joke, together we laugh, together we stand, together we fall. Together we are the group of girls that will conquer the world. And I know that this is true. We will stay best friends through everything. It’s the way we are, the way we we’ve always been and the way we always will be. I love my girls, and they love me. Through it all we’re here for each other. Always.

This piece was written about my closest friends, who I love more than anything and anyone. They help me through every single hard time I deal with, and I love them so much.

on Apr. 25 2010 at 5:23 am
I love you too and will forever. You are amazing and this made me smile (and almost cry thinking of how I miss you).