"Being Normal Not Enough, Is It?" | Teen Ink

"Being Normal Not Enough, Is It?"

April 2, 2010
By poeticjunkie SILVER, A Boring City, Florida
poeticjunkie SILVER, A Boring City, Florida
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For attractive lips speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry." -Unknown


I just don't seem to understand. At first, you're supposed to be like everyone else. Wear the same clothes, talk the same slang all the teenagers do, just do everything other people do.
Now, there's this thing in my head where I have to stand out. Have gorgeous eyes like my friend has, instead of dark brown eyes, you have to have hazel, or a shade of gray in you. Boys will love you and won't take your eyes of yourself. There are so many talents, or at least a few that you have to show people, or else people will think you're dull. If you're not talented in anything, you're done with. Nobody knows you. You have to be a cheerleader. You have to be super-talented. Also extra beautiful. All of that is certainly not true.


Your hair doesn't have to be an extraordinary color, neither does your eyes. You don't have to be a cheerleader, or have enormous boobs. None of those. I'm a school nerd who passes her classes, reads books, draw, sing, write poetry, stories,songs, and pursue an acting plus a singing career. I don't have a chest size that's enormous. I don't have amazing eyes that glistens, or have a bigger than life personality.I don't satisfy society's needs.







What makes me extraordinary is that I'm not copying anybody else. I'm being myself, and right now, I think that is way more important than anything in the world.



-Olivia