Life and Fate | Teen Ink

Life and Fate

March 26, 2010
By katiebear GOLD, Mississauga, Other
katiebear GOLD, Mississauga, Other
10 articles 3 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
death is but the next great adventure. - albus dumbledore, greatest fictional character ever.


why do amazing people have to die because of stupid fate? why do people have to have their heart broken because of stupid fate? why do innocent animals die because of stupid fate? i'll tell you why. because fate is harsh. really, really harsh. it's a pain in the butt, really. a good friend of many people i know, by the name of baktash younis, died of a heart attack two days ago. he was funny, kindhearted, and an amazing friend. why did he have to die so young? why does any young person have to die so young? in my opinion, it's not fair. then again, that's quite naive. nobody thinks life is fair, but that's because it isn't. life is harsh because that's the only way you'll grow stronger as a human being. if you never shed a tear, you'd be the most heartless, ignorant person. ever. tears don't show the weakness of a person, they show the strength. each tear you shed is the next step to becoming the person you were meant to be. life is harsh because if it was easy, it'd be boring. it has to have some ups and downs, and even sideways, in order to be .. life. people die young because it was meant to be. that's fate for you. fate is one tough cookie you just have to learn to live with. sometimes, it can be a good thing. others, bad. sometimes, the most horrible thing you could imagine. though without fate, life would be pretty pointless. fate is the way that your life works. everyone has a fate, whether it be die young, grow old, be pretty, get married, etc. you can't stop your fate from happening either. unless, of course, you were psychic. which you aren't. because no one is.

life isn't really like a book, with a beginning, middle and end. no, it's more like a pepperoni pizza. each topping is added as you move further on in life. when you are born, and still just a baby, your parents are their to mold the dough into the perfect circle. during childhood, you add your special sauce to the pizza, to give it your flavour. then comes the teenage years, also called the cheese. each individual piece of shredded cheese is a new memory or person. after the cheese, you add the pepperoni, which are the years of your adult life. each piece of pepperoni is a new memory, or person added to your life, just like the shredded cheese bits, only with more flavour. once your senior years hit, you can either expand your pizza with experiences or eat it. for each memory gained, your pizza expands. for each time you go back on a memory, you take a bite of that pizza. run out of bites, and you run out of life. some just run out earlier than others and you just have to deal.

The author's comments:
This is something I wrote out of anger of the death of this guy at my high school. I guess the adrenaline decided to give me this. :) Hope you all like it.