The First Time I Had A Hershey Kiss | Teen Ink

The First Time I Had A Hershey Kiss

March 26, 2010
By billl SILVER, Suffern, New York
billl SILVER, Suffern, New York
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I didn’t know what it was but I still couldn’t wait to unwrap it. A million questions were racing through my mind. I was pretty sure it was candy. The sight of shiny silver foil around the object just made me want to eat it. It had a rounded bottom and was just sitting there on the corner of my desk. I had no idea how it got there. It looked like nothing I have ever seen before. It had a pointed top and resembled the shape of a cone. I reached out and felt it with the tip of my fingers. It felt kind of rough on the sides as I rubbed it. It was smooth on the bottom though. It was cold and I felt a chill go through my body all the way to my legs. I felt the top and it was pointy and almost sharp. I decided to take off the foil. What will it look like? I was so exited about what it would look like. As I unwrapped it, I heard the crispy sound that the wrapping made. I loved the sound that it made. It was almost like a melody being played. I also heard the amazing sound that the paper made as I pulled it out of the wrapping. I smelt the small brown object in the palm of my hand. It smelt sweet and I knew instantly I wanted to taste it right then and there. It smelt amazing. I never smelt anything that good before. It was like a gift sent to me from an angel. Then I plopped it into my mouth, and I was jumping out of my seat. I was screaming and yelling, and so were my taste buds. I couldn’t believe how good it was. It was just so incredible. I wanted some more because it tasted so good. It was almost the best thing I have ever tasted. It was sweet and sugary. I wondered what it was, but I didn’t care, it just tasted so good.