My Life & Decisions

By , chester, FL
LIfe is good in someways, but then in other ways it has its moments when it just makes you say WOW, what am I doing here. Being one of the only black people in my school sometimes isnt all its cracked up to be, but I try my best to make it work as much as much as I can for the sake of my moms happiness and to make a good role model for my little brother. Everyones telling me to take advantage for being the only african american person to shine and to be the leader of everything I do but really its not that easy to shine when your're are feelong uncomfortable. I know that saying here will help me be better and more successful person in life, but sometimes I just dont want to be. I just want to do me and make my own decisions. My whole life my mom always made all the choices for me, and I think it's time for me to start. I know going to a university is a great way to make it, but just because I dont take the college route that doesnt mean I can't make it. It just means I'm doing what is more difficult. School now with only two years left before I graduate and I just want to have fun and live life to the fullest. Living life to the fullest doesnt mean spending all my time with my mother, but everyday I always think about the things my mother did for me and that's why I always say I love her. Two more years and then I will have decisions of what I want to do with my life, but for now I'm living everyday like its my last.