Daddy's Letter | Teen Ink

Daddy's Letter

March 16, 2010
By Anonymous

Daddy’s Letter
I don’t know if you remember, but you were my favorite person in the whole world.. we were like honey and bees. You were the honey and I was the bee; I fed myself from you, observing and learning everything that you did. This is what I’m told because I was young and I believe it.
If at one time everything was bliss, then why would our special world become like this?
Anger, accusations, frustration, hopelessness. This is what I was told; this is what tore us apart daddy.
Do you remember our last thanksgiving? I do, I’ll never forget. You broke my heart and I can still feel the pain of when you walked straight out that door and never looked back. You saw my green eyes fill with water, why didn’t you stop? You were angry. I realize now you weren’t angry at me, but you were angry at what our special world had become and you didn’t know how to control it.
Influences outside got in the way of family and love. I just don’t understand how bad things can ruin a family’s love though.. Isn’t good always supposed to conquer evil? Well, I guess we were exception for that one.
I am eighteen now and I have forgiven you for everything, but I still have many questions in my mind that no one but you can answer. It is now too late and I’m going to have to live with these unanswered questions for the rest of my life..
I think of you very often. Now that I’m older, I am starting to realize what not having you around means to me. I want to know you, I want to look up to you as a role model, I want you to be the one to walk me down the aisle..
I guess you can’t have everything you want in life though, right? That is what I am told, at least.
I will keep praying for you and continue to wish that you were still here. I hope that we can meet again daddy.






















With all my love, Your Daughter


The author's comments:
When I decided I was going to enter into this writing contest I had no idea what I was going to write about. My dad popped into my head and I began writing him a letter as if I were going to send it to him. I was filled with emotion as I started writing this letter. I hope it moves other people as it moved me.