Hello, Mrs. Hannett, My Name is Daz | Teen Ink

Hello, Mrs. Hannett, My Name is Daz

By DanielleZ DIAMOND, Rochester Hills, Michigan
DanielleZ DIAMOND, Rochester Hills, Michigan

Do what you like and like what you do.

“A human being is a part of the whole, called by us the 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.” –Albert Einstein. This quote is my religion, Einstein is Jesus, and I am God. By God I mean that I control myself and the events including me, not that Einstein is my son (I would be incredibly old!). I never wish to grow up. I try my best to be the child of the situation. With this amazing resolution of mine, I tend to stand out. Standing out proves that I'm not afraid to be what I want to be, even if that includes being ridiculed by classmates and strangers on the street. Yes, right now I am jumping around subjects, and no, this is not a mental problem. There are lots to say about me and I must condense it all! This is troublesome. Right now, in the present, I am thinking: This is what I do on a daily basis. Thinking helps me find things I would generally not see. Thinking also earns me the respect of many teachers [hence, I love school]. To sum me up, I am special. That was quite a vague statement.
I am one-fourth Italian, one-fourth Polish, and one-half German. The German is from my mom and the other two, from my dad. My dad says I'm the female version of my grandpa (his dad) and the twin of my aunt (his sister). My grandpa was a hard-worker and put all his effort into doing everything to the best of his power. He liked onions, coffee, and greatest of all: the paczki (pronounced: putch-key, the best donut ever). My aunt is quirky and always knows how to make you smile. She likes art, talking, and having fun with the materials at hand. Aside from this, I'm not quite sure how my parents came to love each other and get married because they are opposites. They're always bickering. They were raised in different environments, they like opposing things, and they act very different. All of that got injected into this infinitesimal medium called me (you may call me the middleman, the peacemaker, etc.). All there is to say is that I developed myself by myself, with help from the people I see every day.
The future is like opening a blank book, and there's always a pen in your pocket. My future is a sensual, musical and dramatic production that anyone can partake in. The star of the show and the guest of honor are I. The writer and composer improvise every line and every note. The stage is taken only when it is lit up. The play is named: A Big Bang, A Black Hole, and Everything In Between. It's a story of a story that narrates itself and the actors are queued when it is suitable for them. The first line of the play is spoken by a silent voice, “In this chapter, the present tense includes the past and future tenses, and the future, the present; the masculine gender includes the feminine, and the feminine, the masculine, and the singular includes the plural, and the plural, the singular.” This play never ends even when the main character dies.
I have not decided what my occupation should be just yet. I have had my heart set on being an astrophysicist, but I'm not 100% percent sure anymore. There are so many thousands of choices. I am a well-rounded person, so there are many jobs I like. Some vocations I'm interested in, besides an astrophysicist, are: a neurosurgeon, an architect, a psychologist, a lawyer, a hedge fund manager, and an actress. I also have a semi-crazy desire to go to Harvard, Princeton, or Yale. I'll do my best!

This is somewhat old, so this isn't who i currently truly am. This was an assignment as an introduction to the class.