The Boy Who was my Enemy

By , Staten Island, NY
I hated him from the beginning. I don't even know why. He hated me too. Like the Capulets and Montagues, we hated each other with a passion, but the original quarrel was long forgotten. Perhaps he was an immature 6th grader. Perhaps I was an immature 7th grader. Perhaps... perhaps.
How could I describe him? The boy with a horrible wit, knife-like sarcasm, and wretched manners? How can I describe myself? The girl with quick comebacks and equally sharp wit and sarcasm. The only thing that made me above this wretch, this monster, was my table manners.
But then, a change...
Did God speak to me? Did He correct me with His gentle, yet firm guidance, His quiet voice? Or was it just my conscience? Yet I had dulled it for a year, why would it rebuke me now? It must have been Him.
He is still an immature 8th grader. I am still an immature 9th grader. But our attitudes have made some progress.
How can I describe him? The boy with talon-like words, yet a beautiful smile, who can stare at you coldly, yet has such soft, brown eyes. That showoff; yet who would blame him for flaunting his basketball prowess? Horrible, yet wonderful.
Am I in love? HARDLY! But God has shown me that even my worst enemy can have good qualities. How can I hate my brother in Christ? How can I torment him and keep him from following the Lord? I can never take back the horrible things I've said, but I can try to prove my sincerity in wanting to end the feud. In all honesty, I do hope we end up like the Capulets and Montagues: reconciled friends.

CarrieAnn13 said...
Excellent work on your article! As far as I can tell, there are no grammar mistakes, which is a refreshing change.  A little more description of why you disliked him would be nice, though.  Just so readers have an idea of how much you changed your attitude toward him.

SunnySummers said...
So yo, here's me getting to thinking again! I'm wondering... this is a true story right? And if it is I'd kind of like to here more on it!

GzusFreak10 replied...
So yo, here's me giving u an answer! lol. Yeah, it's a true story. There's actually not that much more to write. I thought this would make a good article, and I wrote pretty much the whole story here. Glad u like it!

GzusFreak10 said...
Ok, i just found out that i lied on one portion of my description of the guy. *Gasp!* Shame on me, i know. I just realized 2day that he has blue eyes, not brown. Don't ask how i could have missed that, i don't know. But i was sitting behind him in church today, and when he turned around, i was like, "Oh my gosh! He has blue eyes! Now i have 2 correct myself on Teen Ink!" lol. So, just clarifying there. <3s!

Meg-a-Random said...
I like it! the writing :P lol I would think that too... i just wasn't thinking i guess. =D

GzusFreak10 replied...
Ohhhhh. Ok. I thought u meant u liked the being cool with the guyl. Ok, now I'm good.

Meg-a-Random said...
I love it! It totally makes sense. It's really good. I had the same problem with a person from my church, I hated him, but now I'm cool with him. I really like it lol =D

GzusFreak10 replied...
Totally! Thanks 4 ur opinion! Wait... you like it or you like him? =D lol.