My School

School- a large jail cell where you are locked up with others instead of being locked up alone. Alone. What a strange concept amongst two-thousand people.
February 25, 2010, 7:51 A.M.
The bus arrives. We dejectedly walk through the crowds of teachers and miscellaneous students who, being nothing if not consistent, remain outside like every other day. Some wave to me, some just nod, but a majority just stare through me in such a way that I can’t help but wonder where their minds are. I shudder at the thought rather than the biting cold wind that howls mercilessly across the barren field and through the “protected” arches of our school. The front door offers little but the knowledge that another day is close at hand. I sigh, reach out, and pull the door handle. As I cross the threshold, I can’t help but think I just willingly walked into the gaping mouth of a beast. Ushered onward by the flood of people and the sheer number of bodies pressing against one another, I find myself in the beast’s stomach, more commonly referred to as the Atrium. Thirty-five feet tall and fifty feet across, this is the largest singular room in the entire school. Despite its immense size, I can imagine someone feeling claustrophobic at this time of day for of the approximately two-thousand people at my school, three-fourths of them choose here to meander around and have mindless conversation with their friends. Spreading around the Atrium are four hallways, cut off from the main area like spindle fibers leaving the central point of a spider’s web. I choose to walk down B-hall in the hopes that my best friend will be there… To be continued

CaliGirl20 said...
great job i absolutely loved it

writerscramp01 said...
Nov. 19, 2010 at 11:39 am:
I think a lot of people can relate to this, and can exclaim; "Wow! I totally understand! I feel that way too!", but would never know how to put it into words on their own. Good job once again, Kal!

confused_out_of_my_mindThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13, 2010 at 7:09 am:

nice. my school now only has around 800? roughly anyway.

but we have the same problem.

-Kal- replied...
May 13, 2010 at 9:36 pm :

I really hate how clicky schools are.... 

Anyways, thanks for reading/commenting!!! :)

AprilNeon replied...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 8:07 am :

I like your word choice a lot. My favorite is  '...miscellaneous students who, being nothing if not consistent, remain outside just like every other day.'

The underlined part I think is really really good, well done!

-Kal- replied...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 1:14 pm :
Thanks Sarah. :)

jonas_chic899 said...
Apr. 25, 2010 at 10:19 am:
thats like my old skool. thers so many ppl.. yeah keep writing! id like to kno more, that felt short:P

-Kal- replied...
Apr. 25, 2010 at 11:18 am :
Thanks!!! :) I will write more, I just have to figure out what I want to write about. Lol