The Pursuit of Life. | Teen Ink

The Pursuit of Life.

By ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado
ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado

"Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will."

Once upon a time, I was going to be somebody.
Once upon a time, I believed that nothing could get in the way of my dreams.

But everything changed the second I was forced to face reality. Hope is fading by the second.
The vortex is sucking me in. I should cry out for help, but the words get caught in my throat. Fear of rejection keeps them there.

The vortex is growing stronger now.

I close my eyes, prepared to let go. I feel the hot rush of tears streaming down my face, but I can’t remember why they’re there. My body is numb, and I begin to feel the earth beneath my feet slipping away. But a strong sensation on my back catches my attention. It burns a hole through my skin. Fear cripples my legs- I cannot escape.

A voice calls out to me. I hear its faint whispers echo in the corners of my mind. I see my world, my life flash before my eyes, and suddenly I am aware of the itchy, green grass below me, and the blue of the everlasting sky above me.

A phenomenon.

God came to me that day. At the edge of my despair, I prepared to be swallowed into the fiery depths of a world unknown. But God met me there. He opened my eyes to the majestic world around me.

With God on my side,

I will be somebody.
Nothing can get in the way of my dreams.

There is hope. There is beauty. Even in the darkest times, when we are prepared to let go, God will meet us there. We are never alone.

Jitterbug3 said...
on Mar. 19 2010 at 1:31 pm
You will be exactly who you want to be! I KNOW it! :)