My Sisters Story Part 4 | Teen Ink

My Sisters Story Part 4

By SoaringToEdensPhantomHome SILVER, Erie, Pennsylvania
SoaringToEdensPhantomHome SILVER, Erie, Pennsylvania

"I have always been amazed at the way an ordinary observer lends so much more credence and attaches so much more importance to waking events than to those occurring in dreams... Man... is above all the plaything of his memory." -Andre Breton

The last few weeks have been going greatly. I've been giving shots until this morning. I had a little bit of anxiety about putting the pump back on, but my sugars have been excellent all day. My life was effected in a good way, as bad as it sounds, this was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it opened my eyes to what I know needs to be done to keep myself alive. I'm now afraid to go high or low. It was a curse also because I should have been able to be this way before it happened. But my memory is very flimsy of things that happened the past two weeks before being hospitalized. I'm glad because I don't want to know that me. I've come out a stronger person, and plan on staying on top of my health. It's something I'm going to be living with for the rest of my life, and I have two choices.

1.) Let it control me.
OR
2.) Control it.

And control it I will.

This is the ending to the story. Hope it gave you some inspiration and if you know someone who is diabetic, or has an illness, and isn't taking care of themselves, see to it they understand what they are potentially doing to themselves.