why answer

By , NEW YORK CITY, NY
I hate it when people ask me "why do you wear that?" In Islam muslim girls have to wear a fabric material called Hijab. I know that they are bewildered about my religion, so I answer them. But, what bugs me is that they never seem to understand. They just think that it is funny or stupid. I end up crying in my room, wondering why they make is harder for me. I'm just being muslim. I'm only following my religion,ISLAM.
The next day the same people ask again. They say "If I were you, I would never wear that." I said "Not even for god", since I'm doing for god. They started to curse my god out. I go on hating meself for bringing that up. Not everyone believes in god, so I was wrong. But, it doesn't give them the right to discriminate my god or befiefs.

Loleeta96 said...
BE PROUD that is the main thing Idont only wear it because of God (but it is the main reasond) i also wear it because I want people to know who I am!

sshfaryal said...

Be proud of your hijab, don't let them get to you. Be the bigger person every time they ask you, and then they'll leave you alone. The fact is, they don't get it.

But I'd like to say that wearing a hijab is not something Muslim girls HAVE to do. It's good that you, that's fine. Not all Muslims wear a hijab, and that doesn't make them a bad Muslim. I just want to point that out.

Like morgan_michelle said, Always be proud :)

miisjoe1 said...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:16 am
thx that was helpful i cant beleive i meet alot of nice people thx

ZAVERY said...
Don't worry. Just remember that you aren't alone. I wear a hijab, too, and I understand how you feel!

morgan_michelle said...
Be proud of who you are. Always.

dreamgirl01 replied...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 11:12 am
thanks im muslim and im happy

ZAVERY replied...

This is the advice I will give you. Don't be afraid of what others say. I am a muslim girl, too. I also wear a hijab, like you. I went to this Islamic school during the summer for just a month. One day, I went up to my teacher and asked, "Why do people wear hijabs?" The way she explained it, so passionately, I decided to wear a scarf, too. I feel so left out! There are only two people at my school who wear hijabs; me and my best friend. It's a difficult challenge wearing a scarf, so I c... (more »)

Loleeta96 replied...
THATS IS AMAZING I love it that you two are the only ones!