Is Love Like Fate? | Teen Ink

Is Love Like Fate?

“Do you think two people can be happy together forever?” I said.

“Yeah, I do. But for whatever reason it doesn’t always work out the way we plan. But I still believe it can happen. I believe two people can love each other forever, even when times changed things and they’re not together. But, I guess it just matters on who the people are. Why, don’t you?” my dad said.

“No,” I said, “I don’t.”

I remember asking my dad this. I don’t really remember a lot of things, but I definitely remember this one question I asked. I think I asked because everyone around me never has never stayed with the one they said they loved. I didn’t want to be like that, I knew. I couldn’t bare the thought of loving someone so much it could break you.

I guess it wasn’t a lie when they said it, those three magical words. They meant it at the time, when they said their vows. When that pain ached in their hearts? When the love was so big it could consume you both?

Maybe someone will read this, and will know what I’m talking about. Maybe some of you will say I don’t know what I’m talking about. But, that’s the thing, I don’t know. I’ve never made out with a guy or even said I love you.

Something that i thought was important.