Daydreamer | Teen Ink

Daydreamer

By mylifezonpaper BRONZE, Carmel, Maine
mylifezonpaper BRONZE, Carmel, Maine
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

No Promises

When you write a song or a poem about something you admire, you put down the happiest thoughts. But when you write something about things you may hate, you put down the harshest saying there are.

You can't live you life in fear of what may come, but you can live it prepared for the future. Whether the future is good or bad, right or wrong, you jot down what you think it will be like. Whether it shows you how to raise a family, or drop out of school, don't fear it.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, or apples, make apple juice. Yes; I'm sure you've hear these sayings before. Oh, but it gets better; These sayings are telling you to make-do with what life hands you. Now that doesn't mean fear it, but do what you can with the time you have.

Living freely, and breathing clean air can have a price too. There's a price for everything, every sin... My father once told me, "There are no coincidences in life." I decided to add on to that, "There are no coincidences in life, just random segments of fate. And you can't reverse times, but simply relive the moment you wish to reoccur."

These thoughts are, without a doubt, beyond compare. And I do not fear all the things listed above, but if I had to name one true fear I have, it's death. I am not ready to die, nor do I think I will be when the time comes.

Death is a strong way of living life alone. I wrote that sentence about a year ago. I played the simplest notes backwards on the piano, and then threw in the first words that came to mind. They meant nothing to me at first, just a mere warm-up. But one day as I was playing the melody, I thought to myself, these words do mean something. I would rather no live life alone.

Yes, this happens to me often. I may say, write, or even play something that comes to mind and have no idea what it means until I have a personal flashback. I have, at times, random memories that come back to me at random times and I begin to think about them so deeply, it's sometimes scary. For example: love without a heart, breathing without air, suffocating, or holding on as you fall into a dark and distant abyss.

What are these thoughts? Are they dreams? I have noticed at times that I may black-out completely, causing me to go into my own world, and ignore everyone in the real world. My world is so creative; colors on top of colors, birds fly in the distant sky, and humans walk without worries of crime or misery. Free land, MY land. My flashback.

However, flashbacks can be stated as something that has already happened; memories. But my world is not always memories that I have seen or remembered, but creative thoughts. Yes, that's what they're called. And this is me, my life, everyday. My thoughts; the life of a DAYDREAMER.

I wrote this one day in my English Language Arts class as I thought about everything listed in my piece. Putting it on paper allowed me to publish it, and I hope it will go very far.

mylifezonpaper BRONZE, Carmel, Maine
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

No Promises

thank you! :)

ChelseaSmith said...
ChelseaSmith, Levant, Maine
Thats like, extremely good. Like I could feel your thoughts, Very well written ( :