Childhood Memories | Teen Ink

Childhood Memories

By dts9355 BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
dts9355 BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois

One of my earliest childhood memories is from pre-school. I remember the first day I went, I cried when my mom left to go home, but I had a picture of her in my pocket so that made me feel better.
I remember that pre-school was only a half-a-day so my mom picked me up from school and she took me to the mall, other times we just went straight home. At the mall, we always ate at this pizza place. I think it was called Garcia's pizza. It was two stories tall. That is where she always let me eat because she always let me decide.

Another childhood memory that is close to me is playing ball with my dad. My dad and I used to go into my backyard and throw a baseball back and forth to each other. Most of the time it was really fun. Other times, we played basketball or just played pig or horse out on our driveway. Our driveway sucks because there are a whole bunch of cracks and it's a downhill driveway, so most of the time you have to shoot up a hill, So it throws off your shot most of the time.

This memory is very close to me becuase it's my mom and I love her. She's always been there for me and always will be. I think back about how easy and great things were back then. My memory with my dad is very close to me because he has always been there pushing me to do my best and cheering me on.

Most of the time I spent with my mom and dad is why I became who I am today. Those days were really memorable with my mom. I will never forget them.