Despair

I’m alone. In a dark room with one dim light hung in the corner. I feel as if I’m blind, and naked, shivering in the dark.

Where is everybody?

It’s quite. Besides the repetitive sound of my own scream.

I’m rubbing my eyes hoping I’ll wake up from this disturbing dream
But as I touch my cheek, wet from tears, I realize everything feels too real… to be just a dream.

The floor is shaking beneath me as I clench to it. I know my life with be over… soon.

The room seems to be devouring itself as the walls are crumbling to the ground I’m lying on.

As they fall apart around me, I think just maybe I’ll see life beyond them.

But like I should’ve known, it’s nothing but complete darkness, and dead empty space.

I lay trembling and gasping for breath.

I hear an unbearable sound, piercing my ear drums. And the splintering wood, which my body rests upon, snaps beneath me and piece by piece falls in to the black abyss.

I scramble backwards, escaping the vacuum sucking the destroyed room into it.

But no matter how much I try my weak legs won’t move fast enough. And I find myself slipping and slowly disappearing from existence.

But as I fall I scream for help, hoping maybe a hand will appear and catch me so no longer am I lost in this surreal world.
Although no one will catch me, because only I can pull myself out of the depression and from the world falling apart around me.

Emilia901 said...
Wow that was deep. It reminded me of all of those moments when I felt abandoned, lonely, and just wanted to cry but had too much pride to do so. I really liked it =^_^=

serendipitous615 replied...
thank you so much for commenting on this and other pieces of my work! :) and im glad u can relate to it too.