Getting on stage

I was so scared the day of the auditions. Before Purnell I would not sing, act anything in that sort of way. I was too scared and closed. But since I have been at Purnell I have gained a whole new self-confidence. In 9th grade my freshman class had to do survey of Performing Arts. We had to make this show, and we had to all rotate groups every week. Singing, dancing, and acting. I was placed in the singing group. And let me tell you I was so scared. Because I had to audition in front of three very intimidating performing art teachers: Ms. Cassady, Mack, and Patient. This brought a ton of nerves out of me. Just because I had to do all the things I hated and was terrified of.
The night of the show was a terrifying night I had to get on stage and sing by myself in front of the whole school plus the parents who came. But after the survey show I felt so great about what I had learned. And all the new skills I now have with me. And just to know that I can go on stage and sing in a group and maybe even alone. Now I’m in 10th grade and I’m in shoots, and production. Wow I have learned so much. That’s what happens when you get out of your comfort zone and are willing to try new things and push your self to the limit. Maybe in the end you will really like it.

IamtheStargirl said...

I really like the message behind this story :)

Thanks for sharing.

CarolineConway replied...
Hey thank you!!!!!