Love of My Life | Teen Ink

Love of My Life

By MinaRiot339 BRONZE, Newark, New Jersey
MinaRiot339 BRONZE, Newark, New Jersey

You never realize what you have until it's almost gone.

So many people and my closest friends have told me that it's only puppy love, or, " I'm sorry to tell you, but it might not last". Well I showed them! Who I am refering to is my boyfriend, my life, my breath, my everything. When I was younger I didn't think people can actually love each other and tell them they love each other. To spend so long togheter. I believe this came into mind when I was only four or three years old, when my parents..my own parents seperated. The only thing I remembered about that day was that I cried. I didn't exactly understand what was going on or the consequences. I just knew nothing will ever be te same. Since then I didn't think love was possible, until I met the person who changed my beliefs and my entire lonely world. Before I knew him I was a shy, lonely, confused, ackward girl. I mean like it wasn't that I was unahappy I just didn't exactly understand what truelly made me happy,I didn't know who to turn to with my problems. I just don't see my mother the same, my sister, no, she wouldn't understand me, my friends? No, I didn't ever exactly have what people call a "bestfriend". My world was original, normal, boring. I've seen those romantic movies where boy meets girl and they simply fall in love. Fiction more than romantic I thought. I lived with true love for 12 years. I know too young to even understand anything. But I knew, a lot infact. I didn't believe love really exsisted until the April of 2009. I was going though my friends on Myspace..looking for people to add. Then I go to a guys profile. I didn't exactly know who he was. I didn't think he was cute or anthing so I scrolled down and find a cute, original picture. He had a plain smile on his face, white t-shirt, and a Sanra Claus hat on. The greatest desision I have made in life. I actually had the courage to comment him. We soon conversed daily. The day I met him I was taken. I suddedly loss feelings for my at-that-time bofriend. We then met again, only two times. The second time we met up is when he asked me out. I remember it was n a high school that my sister had he soccer game. I remember that the first time he slowly moved forward forhis lips to meet mine I litterly lost my breath and I just froze. Unfortunatly he moved back and I believe saw a smile form across his face. I could feel my cheeks warm up so I put my head down. Later on the game he turns towards me and reaches for my chin and gently pulls it towards his lips. I felt butterflies fill my stomach in a blink of an eye. Now tat I think of it, I haven't felt as nervous for anyone else as I did for him. Now, because of one guy, one humanbeing, I know know it is abolustly possible to love someone that not even you can believe. I feel like flying when I'm around him, and when he kisses me I still feel hundreds of butterflies after making almost a year. I don't feel the same way I felt when I told him I loved him for the first time. Now, my feelings for him only get stronger and bigger. Believe me or not, it's obviously true. This is my Love Story.