I'm Still Right Here

Hey there. Remember me- your best friend? I guess that's not true any more, is it?
I remember when it was. We were so close, like siblings. I screwed that up pretty badly, didn't I?
I heard about your mom. I'm so sorry, though I know there's nothing I can do, except be your friend. I can't believe she did that to you! You're so nice, and sweet, and good. I can't even imagine.
I'm always here, you know, if you need someone to talk to, or something. My doors always open. I miss being able to do that. Talk, I mean.
I hate how screwed up the world is. How could someone call themselves a mother and leave? How could a friend?
The world's so bleak looking, now. Can we change that? I hope we can. Let's go get a couple buckets of really bright colored paint! Nah, I'm just kidding. I know that won't work, unless we want to get arrested.
I just wanted to let you know. I'm sorry for everything. What I said was true. I am still here. I'll always be here- for you.

**talia** This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nope, especially one like that.

***Rain*** said...
1st!!!! Sometimes you amaze me Tals. With being able to write things like this and still talk to her.

**talia** This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:06 am
This one's not her. It's something else, but it is him.

***Rain*** replied...
Then who is it?

"How could someone leave and call themselves a mother?"

***Rain*** replied...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 9:23 am
Ooooooooooooh. I gotcha.

Feb. 7, 2010 at 11:23 am
Don't say anything to him about it. I'm not even sure if SHE knows.

***Rain*** replied...
Ok. I can do that. It's not hard to keep a secret.