Memories That Cannot Be Taken Away | Teen Ink

Memories That Cannot Be Taken Away

January 27, 2010
By AmandaD BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
AmandaD BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
2 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Memories That Cannot Be Taken Away


Life works in strange ways. One moment you’re live and well, the next living only by the support of a machine. Life. You never know what could happen next. You never know when something will go wrong. Or go right. Some may say God is the explanation. But who really knows? When someone you love is taken from you, who do you blame? Do you blame God? Do you blame yourself? Is there really anyone to blame? Sometimes you feel as if all you can do is hold on to the past, and forget about the future. Sometimes you feel it is impossible to move on. Sometimes you just don’t know what to do.

A short time ago, a life was taken. A life that I had not known for all that long. a life that had only been in the world 39 years. The Life of my best friend’s mom, a woman that always had a smile on her face, and a laugh that could cheer you up when you thought it wasn’t possible, was taken. No one knows why. No one may ever know why. But in only two short weeks, the most unimaginable thing happened. Death. Now all we can do is think of the memories that have been shared. The great times, the laughs, the times that will never be forgotten. And who knows, Maybe sometimes life falls apart, so that it can fall back together in ways different then before. The famous quote: “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone” is simply a major understatement. You can never really think about the pain that you would experience if someone you love or care about is really gone. Life works in mysterious ways. We may never know why death must take place. It has been suggested that when a life is lost, another begins. But why should a life of only 39- a life that had so much more to experience, be taken a way so that another life can begin?



“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose” –Kevin Arnold