Apart and seperated | Teen Ink

Apart and seperated

Split in half, cleaved through the center, cut in two. That’s what divorce can do to your family. I know about this, because it has happened to my family only a few years ago. Now I fell as if my family is divorced from each other. My mom and dad do see each other for my concerts and talk together on the phone, but they still stay away from each other. I am constantly moving from my mom’s house to my dad’s apartment and back again every week. I spend plenty of time with each of them, but they don’t spend enough time with each other. The break-up is hard enough, but there are still a few aftershocks following the divorce. My parents are constantly arguing with each other. They also have done something that many divorced parents have done. They are beginning to date other people. Even thought I know these people very well now. I still think that they shouldn’t be doing this. I want my normal parents. Not a stepmother or father. I have lived though something I found difficult. I sometimes wish for my family to return to normal. But I must put up with the fact that my parents are, and always will be, apart and separated.