Dear...Love... | Teen Ink

Dear...Love...

By cutiepatootie BRONZE, Beverly Hills, California
cutiepatootie BRONZE, Beverly Hills, California

Love is a friendship set to music. -anonymous

Dear...

I don't really talk much. I'm very shy. But when I'm around you, I'm no longer who people think I am. And I wish I could be like that for the rest of my life. And that means being with you for the rest of my life. I know it's premature, very, very, VERY premature. I'm only 14, and so are you. But I believe in love at first sight. It's a gut feeling I have. Maybe when I'm 30 and I look back on this, I'll think to myself: "I can't believe I thought I was in love with him. I'm so dumb." Maybe I'll be in your arms telling you for the millionth time how much I love you. But do any of us really know what our lives are going to turn out to be? All I know is that I'm hoping for you and I. You bring out the best in me. The laughs, the smiles, the jokes, and the love. If you were to die tomorrow, I would cry until the end of the world. The feeling may not be mutual, but I sure do hope it is. If you were to move 3000 miles away from me, I would make every effort in my life to find you when I'm 18. And I won't give up until I'm within your reach again. Whenever you act like a troublemaker, or make an inappropriate joke, I feel the need to defend you. Normally, I'd push you off for being a jerk, but you're not just anybody. When I see my life within 15 years, I hope that you're in it. Or at least used to be in it. I want to fall in love with you. And I want to hear those sacred words come out of your mouth: "I love you." I don't care about anything else. Just that. Maybe I'm crazy for believing this could work out. Because I hardly know you. But I feel like we've known each other for 50 years, but we're not even that old. But I want to know who you are. All the little details that actually matter. What annoys you? What makes you smile on end? What's your favorite song? Favorite color? What is a secret you'd never tell anyone? What do want in life? I wish I could know all of this. I wish you could tell me. And I wish you could be reading this letter. You're not going to know that it's me, because I'm not going to say my name. And I'm not going to say yours. And this letter is anonymous. So please, I hope you realize it's me. I just want to see your reaction. Will you like me? Love me? Hate me? Only time will tell. Because no matter what, I'll always be hanging onto this hope that I have. I may crush on other boys because they're cute, or smart or funny. But you're all three. And that's what I love. And you're probably wondering why I didn't address this properly. It's because I don't know how. Who are you? My crush? My love? My everything? For now, a crush, but I hope that when I'm 30 and I look back on this, I will think to myself: "I should have addressed it, 'Dear My One and Only True Love'", because that's what I want in live. Love. Doesn't everyone? So please, fulfill my dreams and hopes of being loved. Because I believe I have a soul mate. And I believe there's a great chance, it could be you.

Love...