Senior Speaker

This year’s senior breakfast and assembly started off routinely; crowded cafeteria tables, long lines of students waiting to grab their french toast sticks, and the traditional senior class picture. It was business as usual until the senior speaker began his speech.

As Eddie Slowikowski continued to share his inspirational story about reaching his personal goal of running under a four minute mile, he had the whole audience enthralled. His story instilled the need to be self-reliant in order to reach your personal goals.
“I thought he was really inspiring,” says senior Nick P.

Slowkowski used more than his story-telling abilities to relate to his high school audience; He also used interpretive dance. He started his routine by having the students follow his lead as he taught a series of unique dance moves such as the pencil sharpener, the lawn mower, and his original routine. He taught everyone his own routine, then filmed it to post on his website. Arrowhead was the first school he filmed the dance with. Slowkowski had the audience up and moving as they learned the moves. By combining a series of songs with a few dance moves, Slowkowski told a tale of high school romance. His story was relatable to almost every high school couple.
“I was laughing the entire time. Even though he made everyone laugh, I think he still got his message across,” says senior Lindsay P.