Floater

Jocks run through the halls in their letterman jackets, chasing after the cheerleaders. Nerds sit in the classrooms and study. Skaters chat with each other and play hackey sack. Clowns walk through the halls thriving on the laughter of others. Drama kids walk through the halls humming music to themselves. Now most people fit into a click of some sort in high school. So where do I fit? I’m good at sports, but I'm not a jock. I do well in school, but I'm not a nerd. I’ve landed a kick flip, but I'm not a skater. I make people laugh, but I’m not a clown. I sing in the shower, but I’m not a drama kid. I think it’s a bit degrading sometimes, to not be a part of anything. I have friends that have hit buzzer beaters. I have friends that have aced the SAT. And I have friends that have beautiful voices. Where do I belong? Well my theory is that high school is an ocean. There are islands all over it. I’m just floating in the waves, swimming the island that suits me at whatever time. I do nothing to change what others think of me. I wear what I want, when I see it fit, not to please anyone or any one group of people. So as people stick to their islands in the ocean of high school, I will always float on.