White Rapper | Teen Ink

White Rapper

January 14, 2010
By Andy Fox SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Andy Fox SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My Name is What?
Music is something that speaks to everyone. Music is Tupac during the week or a little Kenny Chesney on the weekend. Everyone has their favorites: country, rap, classical or maybe some rock, music makes the world go around.
My name is Andy and in what way does my name go along with music? I was in choir for 3 years, but I’m a little tone deaf, have virtually no rhythm, and quite frankly can’t dance. I’m more of an athlete than anything. I’m not the guy you’ll see in the Broadway room chatting it up with Miss J, but what am I and what does music have to do with me?
It’s a Saturday night and I’m sitting with my boys Frosty and Mugshot Smirk. We’re sitting in the Beat Lab. Yeah, that’s right the Beat Lab, it’s not much of a lab, it’s actually a bed room. The bed room consists of a Mac and a bed. “Boom boom snap, boom boom snap” I got a pen in my hand and a beat blaring over the speakers. I tell Frosty to turn it up a little and ask him if it flows alright, he looks at me and just says, “Let’s record that ****” The process continues for awhile Frosty puts down a verse and so does Mugshot. Next thing I know Meaty Mack enters the room and the whole crew is here. When we’re alone we are have our own names, but when we’re together we form Meaty Mack Productions.
I got my crew others have theirs. You can’t question who I am when the beat drops and the rhymes flow. Some people might try to steal my thunder and there are others in the school that want to take me my crew out. They go by the name No Cure Records. Their leader… Swisher Sweet aka Logan , a want to be hoodlum with no class, yeah, I just called him out. Meaty Mack will always be on top and once our album drops their will be no doubt about it. My name is no longer Andy… What is my name… “They call me a philly, I’m bigger, last longer, I’m AF DILLY!”