Jealous? | Teen Ink

Jealous?

By BalloonMuffin GOLD, La Mirada, California
BalloonMuffin GOLD, La Mirada, California

Why mean what you say, when you can simply say what you mean?- Mad Hatter

"You're Amber right?"
"Yes."
"Hi, I'm Mia"
Even though she was new to our school, we instantly became friends. She knew my old friend who moved away. The day she started going out with her boyfriend was the day I started going out with mine. She laughed at everything I did and I laughed at everything she said. We made each other remember the date we met. January 8th.
I walked though the school gates the next day to my best friend Salena. I hugged my boyfriend and then tried to hug Salena. She wouldn't look at me.
"Are you mad?" -Silence-
"I'm going to let you two work this out." Julien left.
"So.. are you mad at ME?" I worried because she was never really ever mad at me.
"It's just I think you like the new girl, Kathia, Sierra, and Rachel better than me"

Jealousy. I never really encountered some one jealous of losing me to another. Two of my best friends do this to each other repeatedly after they fought and made up the next week.
We all have jealous friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, or siblings even. My boyfriends gets jealous of other guys and sometimes girls. My brother gets jealous when I hang out with my cousin who is like a sister.
I said I never encountered someone who is jealous of losing me to another. I lied. I have experienced these people many many times. I've never realized it.
"I think those girls don't like me." Kathia whispered not trying to look at the girls she were talking about.
"They don't know you."
"It's because of Johnny isn't it?"
"One of them doesn't like me because of Julien."
"They're JEALOUS!"
These jealous people don't matter. I was more scared to lose someone close than someone who was my fr-enemy.
Jealousy.
Jealousy is inevitable.