Fake and Undateable | Teen Ink

Fake and Undateable

By twilightlove123 SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
twilightlove123 SILVER, Dexter, Michigan

I look at you and my toes tingle. I see your crystal pool blue eyes that are so deep I swim in them. You flip your hair like a typical guy, but only when you do it, does my heart flutter. I smile at everything you say and blush when you say my name. Texting you back so eagerly, anticipating our favorite smile and your sweet words. You say you like me. I like you. We talk in the hall way and you walk me to my class. I think this is love for me.

Its Halloween, and you are throwing a party. I attend with my expectations high, hoping it’s the night I become your girl. We have fun, and end the night with a hug and smile. Monday, for sure he will ask me out, I think to myself. Lauren and Tony. Our names sound beautiful in my head together. I go home with my friends and we discuss my love for you all night.

Monday at school: Angela says, “Lauren, guess who is going out with Heather?”

“Uh, I don’t know, beats me, who?” I answer.

“Tony…”she replied.

I walk away, my head held lower than ever. I start running for the restroom. I lash open a stall, lock the door, pull down the seat and cry.
Player. Jerk. Liar. Fake. Ugly. Fat. Mean. Flake. Evil. All of those words describe what I felt towards Tony. And me? Two words. Heartbroken and stupid. How could I ever let myself fall so hard, especially when he wasn’t willing to catch me. I gave him everything and he threw it all out and spat my heart out like I was nothing.

Text: “What’s up?” said Tony.

“What’s up? Are you just going to pretend that your not going out with Heather?” I texted angrily.

“I’m sorry it just happened, I realized I like her more than anyone,” he replied.

Ouch. That hurt. “Ok whatever,” I snapped. He didn’t reply.

“Lets just be friends ok? I am sorry and I would have told you myself that I’m dating her, but your friends got to you first,” Tony replied hours later.

“K,” I answered not showing any emotion, because he is not worth it.

The people were renamed in this article

Pillow BRONZE said...
Pillow BRONZE, Spokane, Washington

Nothing says oops like a wall of flame.

I know how you feel. I totally understand. I'm sorry.

Thank you!

zobean GOLD said...
zobean GOLD, Northfield, Massachusetts

"A Good player inspires themselves. A GREAT player inspires others."

WOW, i'm sorry