Fireworks | Teen Ink

Fireworks

December 12, 2009
By Damon BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
Damon BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
3 articles 1 photo 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I dont want to be a product of my enviorment, i want my enviorment to be a product of me" (jack nicolson


Have you ever considered fireworks for a moment? Flying, zigzagging, and exploding--the audience never knows what the next one is going to do. The anticipation. The sheer fact that the next one is going to be just as explosive and jaw dropping as the first. When it comes to fireworks, nothing is better then the mortars. With an ember from a punt or a quick flick of a lighter, to ignite the fuse. There will be a five second pause; this is the moment of sheer excitement and terror of what is going to happen next. Then BOOM! You see the once a quiet mundane ball of gun powder with other flammable substances all wrapped up in a golf ball-sized package circumnavigating through the night sky leaving a streak of light behind it like a space shuttle that just lifted off from Cape Canaveral. All the while it is soaring through the sky it is spinning and side winding. Just when you think it cant go any higher in the sky. When the last push of the gun powder kicks in like a turbo to a fast back Mustang sending the projectile an extra fifty feet in the air. Witnessing that final boost of energy you start to get that sickening yet sweet chill of excitement growing and most of all you will get the five second smug smile because you know what is about to aspire. Reaching the limit when the firework can’t rustle up enough energy to go any higher. The next BOOM! This time the explosion is in shades of blues, greens, and reds. Shooting through the air going in ever direction. The golf ball is now fifty times its original size and is sitting in the night sky like the alien moon Phobos that orbits Mars. Finally, the swirling and berserk movements of the firework slow down and start to fall. Losing their momentum and wonder. Fading back to Earth and the colors that were just hanging their just a minute ago are gone. The memory of the most spectacular firework that just went off will last all night or even in future years, but not the firework.

People tend to live life in a cage; a single minded point of view that tends to blind you in dreams and goals. Money, and other circumstances, put blocks in your way to obtain some of your dreams and goals, but that doesn’t mean some of those shinning glints of freedom or self redemption can’t be reached. Saying “My life is complete” contradicts the meaning of life it self. Life is never over. A person may die every ten seconds, but a person is born every three. Life is never ending, it may be gone from one person but it is placed back into another. The actions people take when they are caught in the middle of being born and the inevitable end shape and mold the world in every which way. From being who you want to be, to creating the next best thing in medicine, or even just spending time with a special some one in your life. The dedication and emotion that is placed into those actions affect the people that are all over the world. Vitality is nothing to take for granted it is only loaned to us for a short while. Living life to the fullest and taking as many opportunities as possible moves others to live life and to take a chance even if it will blow up in their face later. Being born and living a life is not the mystery. The mystery is what we do with our lives and how we will be remembered.

The author's comments:
the paper was actualy an assignment for school. My teacher liked it so much he said i should try and submit it in. When people read this i hope that they realize life happens and that to do there best and also to live life to the fullest