Regrett | Teen Ink

Regrett

By Ripgirl702 BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
Ripgirl702 BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

I'm the author of my life story and unfortunatly I'm writing in pen!

When you look back to the past, do you regret anything? Of course you do, everyone does. It’s just a part of life. People wish upon simple things that would make them happy or just make there say a tiny bit better. It could be as simple as telling someone “I like you” or making sure your mom and dad know that you love them.

One thing that I wish I could turn the clock back on was this summer. During the month of July I went back to the place I call home; Honolulu, Hawaii. While I was there I went to see my great grandma. The last time I had visited her had been almost 2 years ago. I was full of excitement to see her. The brightness of her smile and the joy her story’s brought to me are unforgettable.

As we drove up the winding mountain my mom became to prep me for what I was going to see. She said “Kayla, Grandma doesn’t look the same exactly the same and has gotten older since you last saw her. Be prepared that she might not remember you.” I simple responded “okay”. As re approached the nursing home I began to think “What is this place. It looks like a hospital.” We walk into her room “ Grandma?” My mom calls. We walk in and start a conversation. I could tell she didn’t remember me or my mom.

Two weeks after school had started I get a phone call and hear my Great Grandmother had pasted away. My house was full of mixed feelings that are unexplainable. Your wondering what is to regret about this. What is there to change. Well I regret not calling her more just to say “Hello and I miss you.” These are things people face everyday and because of this everything everyone isn’t makes them everything they are.

on Jan. 22 2010 at 1:26 pm
WriterWannaBe PLATINUM, Somers Point, New Jersey
Although I didn't live far away from my Grandmother, I really do regret not spending more time with her. This is a great story that will hopefully teach other people what to value you in life before you lose it.