Now

A warm breeze hugs me as I lie back on the pool chair and gaze up at the trees. I want to absorb myself fully in the beauty of the season before it’s back to school. The leaves on the trees are a vivid green, and the branches reach to greet the sun. I wish now is forever. I want to grasp something that isn’t affected by change and hold on, hoping I can cling onto now. But as I look up at the trees, I know there is not one thing that doesn’t escape time’s hold. The leaves of the trees will change color and fall to the ground. Even the chair I’m sitting on will rust over time. Time is simply the period between two eternities, and the time we have on earth is precious. If now is forever, I would be upheld with going on with my life, for better and for worse. Life wasn’t meant to be easy. As I look up at the trees in the woods, I realize that I wouldn’t enjoy now if I hadn’t experienced yesterday. If I remain in now, I will not be able to find the beauties in fall, winter, and spring and what lies ahead of me. I know that the leaves on the trees will not undergo a sudden change, however, so the season can be appreciated while it lasts- and then it’s time to move on.