MY BUDS | Teen Ink

MY BUDS

November 23, 2009
By Meron Solomon BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Meron Solomon BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

My friends and I are a rare group. We are all different yet so similar. It’s pretty obvious who’s in it. Just look for the loud laughing crowd that’s running towards each other to give hugs and say hello. We all met at church since we are all Christians. Thousands of years ago, a man named Jesus was speaking to a crowd of people. He was explaining to the people of the city that loving each other with a brotherly love is very important and that we need him to survive. Jesus sat on top of a hill and gave this analogy.


”I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener..no branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me...This is my command: Love each other.”


Just as those branches won’t survive without the vine; so my friends and I are connected. We would not be the people we are today without each other. We love each other so much, yet we can also joke around and do crazy things. Of course we stay out of trouble and we nevr do anythign that would invole gettin others into trouble but we like to have innocent fun. Just last weekend, we went over our friend Ariel’s house to eat some chocolate cake. A simple trip to get some cake ended up as a man hunt game in her apartment building! It was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. First we were doing handstands in the hallway, and then three of our boys, Abenezer, Joshua and Lee, grabbed the triple fudge chocolate cake and dashed out the exit staircase. Ariel, Caleb and I were left standing there in shocked when we saw that all they left was the cover of the cake. We started calling their cell phones and followed the ringing noises that echoed throughout the building. We ran up and down every flight of stairs in that apartment building. Yet when we saw each other, we weren’t sure of who was chasing whom. So we all just ran away but stayed in those same two groups. We eventually stopped because we were tired.

All you could hear was me and Ariel yelling, “Where’s the cake! We saw pieces of it on the stairwells! What did you do to it? It’s all gone!” We all collapsed one by one in the hall way of the 8th floor laughing at who slipped and who was caught first and how it had happened. I love my friends and I know they love me back. We are always making each other laugh and giving advice about anything. We are all connected in some way or another. All of us have had the same past. “For greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends