Big Regrets... | Teen Ink

Big Regrets...

By JazzyG BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
JazzyG BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

January 1st, 2009- thats the day which i most regret. That was the last time i saw my best-friend, my father. Usually, when somone goes away for a while, you would give them a card, or some roses, or even a "going away" party. Right? well let me explain what happened.
It was New Years Eve. Everyone was having a great time. all smiles and laughs. I saw my mom and step-dad arguing in the kitchen. My dad was a manager for a ship-and-sale company, so he did a lot of traveling. I got to see him only two to four times a month. Four if I'm lucky. After they were done arguing, my mom ran up stairs to her room and slammed the door.
I tried to enjoy he rest of my night without my parents argument in my head. But it kept bugging me. So i asked my dad what was going on. Thats when he said,
"I'm going on another buisness trip for six months to a year. I'm leaving tomorow." Then i said it, i blew-up, the most regretful thing anyone could ever say to someone. Thats when i said,
"Are you kidding me?! Why don't you just move back to california?"
I kept going with much anger, "why don't you just stay out of my life? I never see you anyways. I wish you never got with my mom!" Than i ran to my room not even seeing the look on his face when i said that. I stayed in my room for the rest of the night not knowing those were my last moments with him. If I had known he was going to die a month later, I would have never said any of those things. But now i keep going day by day with so much regret in my heart knowing that that was the biggest mistake of my life.

Thomas Salvatore died February 1st, 2009 of an overdose. He was the best man I've ever met and was there for me every time I needed him. I hope he knows I never meant any of those hurtful things. The world will truly miss him. R.I.P. Thomas Salvatore.