Big Regrets... | Teen Ink

Big Regrets...

November 16, 2009
By JazzyG BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
JazzyG BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

January 1st, 2009- thats the day which i most regret. That was the last time i saw my best-friend, my father. Usually, when somone goes away for a while, you would give them a card, or some roses, or even a "going away" party. Right? well let me explain what happened.
It was New Years Eve. Everyone was having a great time. all smiles and laughs. I saw my mom and step-dad arguing in the kitchen. My dad was a manager for a ship-and-sale company, so he did a lot of traveling. I got to see him only two to four times a month. Four if I'm lucky. After they were done arguing, my mom ran up stairs to her room and slammed the door.
I tried to enjoy he rest of my night without my parents argument in my head. But it kept bugging me. So i asked my dad what was going on. Thats when he said,
"I'm going on another buisness trip for six months to a year. I'm leaving tomorow." Then i said it, i blew-up, the most regretful thing anyone could ever say to someone. Thats when i said,
"Are you kidding me?! Why don't you just move back to california?"
I kept going with much anger, "why don't you just stay out of my life? I never see you anyways. I wish you never got with my mom!" Than i ran to my room not even seeing the look on his face when i said that. I stayed in my room for the rest of the night not knowing those were my last moments with him. If I had known he was going to die a month later, I would have never said any of those things. But now i keep going day by day with so much regret in my heart knowing that that was the biggest mistake of my life.

The author's comments:
Thomas Salvatore died February 1st, 2009 of an overdose. He was the best man I've ever met and was there for me every time I needed him. I hope he knows I never meant any of those hurtful things. The world will truly miss him. R.I.P. Thomas Salvatore.