Job's Daughters International | Teen Ink

Job's Daughters International

By ginger05 BRONZE, Colgate, Wisconsin
ginger05 BRONZE, Colgate, Wisconsin

"The Future Belongs to Those Who Believe in the Beauty of Their Dreams"

Job’s Daughters International is a religious organization for women from the ages of 10 to 20-years old; and must have a tie to a Master Mason. You are taught public speaking, respect for yourself and elders, organization, leadership, and community service. At 17-years old I am holding the station of Honored Queen for a second, six month term. The station Honored Queen is a challenging position. Being queen is not about wearing a cape and a dazzling crown in this organization. The station requires responsibility, organization, the ability to conduct business meetings, and supervision of events and fundraisers.
Hearing Impaired Kids Endownment is a fundraiser created by Job’s Daughters to assist families who do not have the financial resources to purchase hearing aids. Checks of $1500 have been presented to over 300 families within the past two years. From newborns to adults, these checks affect the lives of people who are truly grateful. The smiles given off by the recipients makes every moment of hard-work and planning worth while.
After graduating from high school I hope to receive a degree in business and become a member of a team who helps those who are in need, like those whom have received checks from our HIKE fundraiser. Job’s Daughters has changed my life. It has taught me what I can do to help and how a task that seems like nothing to me, can change a person’s life. As well as help me become the person I have aspired to be.