The penalty of pressure | Teen Ink

The penalty of pressure

August 25, 2009
By Anonymous

It looked so exiting, the adrenaline that Katrina said she felt as the white powder drifted through her nasal passage. I didn't want to do drugs, they were bad; a sin to the lord. If Katrina did it though, it was ok. Right? She was my best friend and she wouldn't do anything to hurt me. I shyed away as she handed me the rolled up dollar bill. Her voice was calm as she spoke 'It's nice Lila, try it. You will be cool'. I didn't want to do it, but I knew that if I didn't then nobody would want to hang with me.
I took the dollar from her and walked over to the table where a line of white powder lay, with one quick sniff it was up my nose. The burning senstion was unbearable but then a cloud of calm over took me. I had to have more; I begged. So I did. I had lines and lines of drugs. Then I began to feel so unsteady, my heart pumped so fast - too fast.
I couldn't hear properly and everything around me was changing. I wanted to run away but my feet were glued to the ground and then I fell. What seemed like hours had only been minutes.
I lay on the floor, vomit surrounded my body. Katrina was nowhere to be seen; so I was just left. Waiting until somebody found me. Dead or alive. Thats what I got, the penalty of pressure.