Metamorphosis | Teen Ink

Metamorphosis

November 10, 2009
By Jessabell16 BRONZE, Rockville, Maryland
Jessabell16 BRONZE, Rockville, Maryland
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One morning I woke up crying and talking, and all I remember saying was, “I miss you too, I love you so much, did you see the girls?”

My dream was probably the most powerful dream I’ve ever had so far. I dreamt of standing in an old house that I haven’t seen since I was about 6 years old. Something came down from a glowing light in the corner; it was very fair and kind of amusing to stare at. My dad, grandfather who I call Pop-Pop, and my brother were all there with me. We all stood waiting for this “light” to come down closer. As it touched the ground I was in a different room, it was a hallway, a hallway that never ended. A familiar face came up to me and gave me the biggest hug in the world! It was my grandmother. She had come down to visit. It was very dark in the hallway but there was a light beaming down on her. I remember smiling and asking her all sorts of questions. My grandma looked different though, she was much taller, had more hair, and she wasn’t as skinny as she was when she was sick. I was so excited to see her and talk to her again, it felt so real! It felt so real because she was hugging me and it felt strong and powerful, almost as if I really did see her and really did hug someone. In the dream I remember thinking this hug can’t be real, but then again how is it possible to feel someone who you haven’t seen in the longest time (8 years) hugging you?

After this dream I had, I remembered her last words, “I’m always watching…” Those were the last words that ran through my head. I cried. I wanted her with me. I wanted to be with her. She helped raise me along with my brother. All I wanted right at that moment was to feel her “TLC” again, and to be in her arms as a 6 year old girl; the moment that I miss the most.