my resolution... | Teen Ink

my resolution...

November 10, 2009
By Mayii BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Mayii BRONZE, Austin, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

PROBLEM
Wow! I have to admit that time flies by. I remember last year like it was just yesterday. I just can’t get over the fact that it was back then when I met him. Yes, that one special person that at one point of our lives rocks our world.

It was s Saturday in July of last year and my family and I got invited to a birthday party. That’s where I saw him for the first time. It was weird at first because I was talking on my cell phone with my sister Isabel who was in Chicago at that time and there he was just staring at m. I felt a little nervous but I ignored him the whole night. It wasn’t until the very next day that I received a call from him. It freaked me out completely because I was talking to a total stranger, but as soon as I knew how and from whom he had gotten my number I felt relieved.

It was after a couple of weeks of talking to each other. He called me and asked me, “Do you want to go out with me?” I said “Yes!” We went out for about 9 months going on and off. I got to the point where I didn’t want to date him no more. That’s when everything really started! We would argue about everything and even though I still liked him we just couldn’t get along very well. Time passed by and he managed to get enrolled in Lanier High School, the same school I attended. I was very happy for him because he had finally decided to get back to school. I soon learned that he had other reasons why he had enrolled, girls.

During the summer he started talking to one of my “best friends.” It didn’t bother me that they talked, it was the fact that I didn’t know they were really close friends. Neither of them told me anything until I heard from someone else! I then got very upset because I also heard that they had gone out together a couple of times and he had denied it just like her. It was very hard for me to actually see them dancing all night long at my quinceñera. I tried ignoring them, but I have to confess that it got me very mad and jealous. It was then that I decided I wouldn’t talk to him no more. One month went by when I received a call from him and asked me to forgive him for what he had done. I managed to say it was okay and we started talking again. We were good for some time until it happened again! My mom told me that he had called her to tell her stuff about me. When she told me that I got really angry! We stopped talking once again. I’m not going to lie I missed him a lot! Just recently on the 1st of this month he texted me in the morning. He asked me for one more chance to be friends. I thought about it for a while, but I gave it to him one more time. I felt really glad I accepted because we talked everything out.

Its only been a couple of days since we’ve been talking again, but I have to admit he still very special to me. I have to admit he still very special to me. I hate to think that it can happen again, but I trust him and I know for a fact that we can’t stop talking to each other. Only time will tell what our lives will be like in the future. Now I just take everything day by day.