Trip To California | Teen Ink

Trip To California

When I was young I didn’t get to go many places without my parents. Sometimes they wouldn’t even let me hangout with my friends. Now that I’m older I get to go to more places then when I was younger.

My uncle has been planning to move to California for months. When that day finally came, I asked my parents if they would let me help my uncle pack all his things and also go with him to California to unpack. My parents agreed to it, but I could only go and spend one night there, and then fly back. When we got done packing it was 8 pm. We got in the car and my uncle drove. My other uncle also went with us to help my uncle that was going to California drive. We went to say goodbye to my grandpa and grandma, and then to my uncles and aunts.

Finally we started to go to California. It would take us about 2-3 days to get there. I had never been there and this was my first time seeing it. I was excited and couldn’t wait to get there. I said I was going to help my uncle unpack but I was also going to visit my uncles, aunts, and my cousins. When we got to Minnesota, we visited my uncles and aunts. We actually stayed one night there before heading to California. We went through the boring states like Iowa and Nebraska until we got to Colorado. We went to visit my uncle’s friend. When we said we were heading to California, he wanted to tag along. So we all left the next day. We went through Utah and Nevada, some more boring states before we got to California.

When we got there, we rented a hotel because we were all tired from sitting in the car too long. The next day we went to stay with my uncle who lives in Fresno. He let us stay with him for the summer. He is married with six kids. It had been over 4 years since I’d seen my uncle and his family. So, it was very cool to see them again. The next day I got a call from my parents saying they were going to Florida with my brother and sisters, so I was going to stay in California longer with my uncles. I was surprised, and excited at the same time.

Going to California to help my uncle was a very good choice. I got to go to California for the first time, but I also got to see my uncle and his family again. The best part was spending more time with my relatives, and getting to see how California looks like.