Worship | Teen Ink

Worship

Graham Truscott said, “When God’s people began to praise and worship him using Biblical methods He gives the power of his presence comes Hmong his people in an even greater measure.” The topic that I choose was worship. I was asked to be on the Worship Team and I said yes. I love doing it. I said yes because I knew it was God’s calling for me to be on the worship team to praise him with my voice.
I was at home one day, about to leave, when I got a call. When I picked up, our youth president asked me if I wanted to be on the worship team. I was so excited because ever since I was little. I knew I wanted to be on the team. I always saw people just praising God with their heart and worshiping him with all their heart. I knew that when I was 12 I would work as hard as I could to be on it by always singing and asking people for help.

Then, when we had a camp family retreat, I got baptized. That day I committed my life to God. That was the happiest day of my life. I knew that God would watch over me and keep me safe. I knew that what I did was in his will.

Then, sometime in December, I got a call from our youth president and he asked me if I wanted to be on the worship team. When he asked me to be on it I was so happy that I said yes. To be on the team is such an honor. Being on the team is one of the best things that could ever happen to me. Worship team means when you’re singing Christian songs with your worship members so like a band. It also means giving your all to God when you’re worshipping.
The results of my choice are I got to know God a lot better. I also got to worship with all my heart because I committed my life to him. Knowing that god would always be there listening to me sing with all I could give. Today I thank him for everything. I thank him for giving me the opportunity to be on the team. Getting to know more Christians and what true worship is.