Little Goddess | Teen Ink

Little Goddess

October 25, 2009
By nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
8 articles 0 photos 60 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran


Hi there. I am what people these days are calling an "Indigo Child". If you don't know what this is, you had better look it up, or you will think I'm just being stuck up or have a mental disability.

Being Indigo means I think and act differently than many people. Only other Indigos(you could be one)will understand what exactly I am going to try to describe, which will heavily involve the enviroment. For instance, to me, the idea of job security is absurd. I think if you really love your job, you will perform it exceptionally, and there will be no question of you staying. If you don't like your job... well, why would you do that? I understand if you are on a tight budget, you need a job. But why choose a cruddy one? I hate to hear there are "no other options". Ever heard of manifesting? I don't really care whether or not you believe in it, there are some studys that prove it exists. Anyway, there is always an option that you will like. You just need to focus on how much you want this job, one you know you would enjoy doing. Don't focus on wishing you had it. That's implying you don't. Chances are, it's staring you in the face. Focus on wanting it, believe it will happen, and it will. I once found three dollars worth of quarters in a claw machine. You can find your job.

See? Long explanation. Told you it would be hard to explain.

I feel as though I am neither a teenager (I'm thirteen) nor even human. I am NOT mentally ill, you must know that. But I often find myself seeing other teens wearing those weird pants that hang off their backsides, or appallingly low cut shirts in the middle of winter, and I think "Those stupid kids. Why do they have to dress so badly these days?" And then I remember, I am supposedly a kid myself. Psh. Whatever. I have style, but I don't dress like an idiot in winter, or any other season for that matter. As for the human thing, I will see people littering and think, "Don't these people realize what they are doing to their planet? They only have one, and they treat it like this? Not even MY planet was that stupid." I hope you also believe in multiple lives, because if you don't you are going to be totally weirded out by now. I laugh as I write this, because this is normal to me, and to find humans so narrow minded about things, or else just without a clue, is amusing.

I have told my friends about this "inhuman" feeling, and they joke around, though harshly, "Yeah, well, YOU are human." It's like they are resentful of me. I don't know why... perhaps they just think me full of myself. I am NOT full of myself. I am confident, and I let the world know it. Seriously, don't you often think about yourself as important to the world, or smart, or stylish? I do, too, but most people don't voice it, fearing they will be called arrogant and concieted. Well, think what you want about me, 'cuz I KNOW I'm important, I KNOW I'm smart, And by golly, I AM rather stylish. Don't get me wrong, though. I do feel bad about myself, a lot. But I know, deep down (or maybe not so deep down, haha) that I'm not a waste of space in this world. There's a lot of litter that is, though. Try putting it in a recycleing bin next time.

So, in a way, I feel like I'm an alien (to you) vistiting earth to not only learn about it, but to help the people on it. I really do pity those morons who don't have the energy to carry their trash a untill they see a designated area for it (a trash bin). They hear all the bad things about hurting the Earth, but the disregard it, or, more frequently, wish people would help but don't do anything themselves. Speaking as one alien to another, you are going to be sooo horrified, and miserable, when the damage to your planet finally directly affects you. When it starts to rain acid in your country, when your hair falls out because of it, you will finally take a minute to think, "Wow. I had no idea it was this bad." The thing is, you've been getting messages from me and other Indigos all around the world for years. We can only do so much.

Treat your planet with respect. It's worse than mine was, it will take thousands of years to heal. You will have your awakening soon(ha ha, won't say when, but rest assured it will be in the next few years). Make an effort to save your planet, 'cuz you only have one, and if you try to migrate to another planet, you will lose the fight the residents will put up.

Love you all, even the idiots. Remember, from this day forth: Indigo or not, you are the most important person in the world. I know to you it makes no sense, but I'm telling you, every single person on this planet is the most important, because everyone has a purpose. It's your business whether or not you live up to that, but that's another story. :)

"An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea."
Buddha


The author's comments:
Again, I am not mental. No, I'm not really alien--at least my body isn't. *grins at the skeptical looks.* Oh yeah--some people might thinkI should have put this under religion, but there are really all sorts of religions that might believe this stuff, and it really comes down to whether or not you personally believe this stuff.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Buddha