Just Beleive | Teen Ink

Just Beleive

By BMXbethel BRONZE, Bethel, Alaska
BMXbethel BRONZE, Bethel, Alaska

Just looking at the jump made me nervous. The jump was of my carports ramp and onto my yard four feet below me. Plus what was really making me nervous is, I was about to attempt a 360 on my bike If I crashed I was going to get an “M” in the game BMX. I just knew that I was going to crash but maybe if I only believed.

I peddled, I jumped, and I spun. I was 260 degrees in the air, if was feeling great like Obama after he won the race for president. Then out-of-the-blue I crashed. At first I didn’t know what happened. I just opened my eyes and my face was in the dirt. Then I noticed that I was holding my breath and I had a burning pain in my knee and elbow. I knew I was going to crash but it still felt bad that I did crash. Plus which also stunk is that now I had a “BM” in the game “BMX”.

After I got back up, waited for the pain to die down and did a couple of jumps and some tricks, it was my turn again. I had just landed some pretty wicked jumps and some extreme tricks, like a 180 role-out. So I was feeling pretty confidant at the time. I peddled my fastest, I jumped, I spun, and I landed it! I was so excited that I yelled and screamed, “YES!” It felt so awesome to feel the wind in my hair, to fly with the birds, and to see the shock on my friends face. Their jaws where literally dropped to the ground.

I remember the first thing I thought. It was “WOW”, only if I had just believed the first time and I could’ve landed the 360. I also thought that if I landed it the first time I would’ve won the game “BMX.” Also if I had believed the first time self-esteem would’ve be better.

Therefore if you can just have a little faith in yourself and believe that you can do it. You’ll be able to do what ever you believe in and you’ll be able to do whatever you believe in better. If only I had known that if I believed in myself I would’ve landed the 360 the first time.

I couldn't of wrote such a fine peace with out the help of my teacher Mrs.Craven.