Guardian Angel

I remember that day. It hits you hard when you find out something like this. Makes you think twice about the things you do. They say time heals every wound. It's been about seven years; it still hurts all the same.
The smell of him lingers around me, never when I want it to but just when I think I've forgotten him or that horrible news.

I miss the sound of his motorcycle pulling into the driveway. I always knew when he was here. I would race down the stairs and jump into his arms. He would hug me tight, as I played with his long black pony tail. I always wanted my hair to be as long as his, so I could pull it back the way he did.

Good times are very clear to me. But when it comes to the bad...memories blur.

It was a Sunday morning; there was school the next day. A couple of students in school had lice. My mom had to wash our hair so we didn’t get it. Before I went into the bathroom, he was sitting on the porch with my dad. He smiled at me; I smiled back and waved.

When I came out of the bathroom, he was gone. He didn't say goodbye; I didn't say goodbye. I thought to myself he will be over tomorrow after school, but he didn't come.

My dad’s eyes never had tears in them before, at least none that I've seen. I don't remember his words; I don't remember how he told me. I don't remember how he told me he wasn't going to come over anymore, how I would never be able to see him again. Never be able to say ‘bye one last time.

I will never forget him. I never want to, but as the years pass, I'm scared. I'm afraid of forgetting all the moments I hold close to remember him by. I miss my guardian angel. I miss Jimmy.

Writen by Calene

appaloosa said...
man this was heart rending. my hart gose out to you.:)