A life taught lesson | Teen Ink

A life taught lesson

By Lone_wolf SILVER, Detroit, Michigan
Lone_wolf SILVER, Detroit, Michigan

If there is a will, there is a way...

waves bash against my face, i can't keep my head above the water....i fight gasping for air....trying to swim, but i don't go anywhere...i just fight....as i take in water...i choke....i can't breathe....so i go under....i begin to sink...as i think...on my life...i wasn't done in life...i had a lover, and loved ones....they would be hurt to see me die, i had dreams, i can't stop here....i begin to kick...and moving my arms...i feel the pressure on my lungs and my body getting weaker.....i reach the surface!...i gasp for air as i go back down and begin to swim for my life as i begin to give again...running out of air...but i know i can't stay on the surtface of the water,so i push myself and kick as fast as i can..my legs are getting weak, my lungs, they hurt, but i make it!...i make it to the other side.....coughing...laid out...exhausted.....i begin to laugh...beginning to realize i made it across...i did it...nobody came to aide...nobody saw me struggle and almost die, almost drown...i learned that no one is responsible for your life besides you, if you can't handle the depth don't jump in......

It was inspired by my experience in the pool, where i was giving out in the pool and about to drown, and no one came to help me, so i had to push myself to the other side...and realizing no one im life is responsible for your life, besides you.