Remember To Remember | Teen Ink

Remember To Remember

October 13, 2009
By ChrissyP. SILVER, Cowpens, South Carolina
ChrissyP. SILVER, Cowpens, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Enjoy the small moments and not just the big ones. If you're not careful something could just pass you right by and you would never know it.


I sit alone in the dark of the night with tears falling from my eyes like rain drops from the sky. I start to hear something. No not something--- someone. It was hard to hear them at first, but then I could make out what they were saying and who was saying it. My mom was saying,

“Baby girl, I want you to remember.”

At first I had no clue what she was talking about. Remember what?
So I yelled out, “Mom what do you want me to remember?”

“Baby girl, I want you to remember always be true to yourself no matter what.
You are who you want to be, and you can do anything you set your mind to.
Enjoy life and live every day to the fullest.
Remember that you’re never alone and I’ll always be here for you.
Remember, family is the most important thing you could ever have.
Never forget your past and where you come from.

Try not letting everything get to you.
Remember to take things one day at a time.
Remember to remember.”

My mom’s voice faded back into the night. I could still hear her words as they echoed around me. The tears from my eyes had begun to form a puddle at my feet. I couldn’t stop crying, as much as I wanted to.
I knew that my mom had been right and from that moment on, I would never forget to remember.

The author's comments:
I would have to say my mom inspired me to write this piece. She has always been there for me no matter what and me being able to write out the things she's told me is the best honor I could give her. I hope that people take the time to remember the lessons they were taught as kids.