They With the Blank Stares | Teen Ink

They With the Blank Stares

October 13, 2009
By Geeky63 BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
Geeky63 BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not about blacks' rights or women's rights- it's about civil rights."


Cotton candy clouds rest on light orange silk that flows magically in a movement that highlights the faint shadow of a full moon. They stare but they don’t really look. Beautiful moments slowly erased. They’re left with a feeling of nothing- not the excruciating pain that inspires or the intense love that kills. They don’t feel grief; but they don’t feel happiness. They don’t feel- left with empty hearts. They don’t live. In fact, they stay in a deep comma of emotions. A comma that isolates them from the world- a comma that infects their soul as it slowly darkens, rapidly shrinking. They vanish. Dead, they continue to lead meaningless lives- not allowing themselves to become mesmerized by something so beautiful that it’s painful to bare, to grow so sad by a love too intense to describe- and so they fall into a shallow pool of blurred emotions- where nothing is real- not real enough- not powerful enough to wake up.